1. A: Floralife Clear Professional Flower Food is commercially used during the transport and storage stage of cut flowers as a conditioner for increased freshness. It is an excellent choice for high volume users at all levels of the distribution channel.
5. A: Floralife Professional® Flower Food is the original storage solution formula which results in an opaque, or milky flocculate use solution versus the more recently developed Floralife Clear Professional® Flower Food formula which yields a clear use solution. As far as effectiveness is concerned, there is no difference. The decision to choose one over the other is purely aesthetics.
6. A: On average, there is a 20% or more increase in vase life compared to using plain water with many cut flower types. There will be variability dependent upon flower type, variety, if any postharvest pretreatments were used prior to using Floralife Clear Professional® Flower Food, and how temperatures and diseases were controlled during the flower chain process. For sure, it provides higher quality and fresher flowers when handled properly within good postharvest practices.
8. A: As flower food must be used at the proper concentration to obtain maximum benefit to aid in flower longevity, it is best to utilize an automatic dosing injector system to accurately measure, mix and dispense it. Injector units are available through Floralife or Smithers-Oasis companies.
9. A: In extreme over- or under- dosing situations one could see damage to the flower stems, leaves, and or flowers. Flower life could actually be decreased instead of increased. Flowers might not be fresher longer.
11. A: Flower food provides necessary nutrients for optimum maintenance, development, and color for flowers in which water alone can’t provide. It also removes labor and cost associated to replacing plain water on a daily basis whereas buckets of flower food can last up to a week without replacement.
12. A: Floralife Clear Professional® Flower Food, as well as all other Floralife® flower foods, has consistent product quality which will positively perform for at least 2 years under ambient storage conditions.
14. A: If the flower food concentrate gets contaminated by foreign debris the chemistry may be affected and reduce efficacy. By keeping the container covered reduces the potential of contamination and maintains the efficacy of the product and length of shelf life.